EL Ideas – Big News, Reservation Lottery, & FAQ
I am delighted to bring news that the immensely talented Andrew Brochu – former Chef de Cuisine of Kith and Kin – will be joining forces with myself at EL to add an extra ELement. Chef Brochu is easily worth the price of admission on his own, and brings creativity and collaboration that is rich with promise. Please see this Chicago Tribune release by Kevin Pang. So…. Fresh off of our F.U. Public Relations press release (before the above news) and subsequent coverage, we have had a tremendous amount of reservation requests that is truly humbling, so thank you! This stated, as we have gone from conceiving EL to launching it in a matter of less two months, and there is still much about what we are doing that remains ELusive even to us. Little by little clarity will break through. For example: I am unsure as to how many seats our dining area will hold as we have yet to diagram it. We appreciate the understanding as the concept unfolds, and will provide updated information as it does. Things You Should Know:
- To enter our reservation lottery to be conducted in about a week’s time, please find the request form at www.elideas.com and fill out per the instructions.
- We are taking requests for tables seating anywhere from 1-8 guests.
- We will be serving ELeven course for one hundred and ELeven dollars.
- We will be opening with one seating at 7:00 PM Thursday – Saturday.
- Be prompt. Those arriving late will receive the current dish in the menu’s progression and may not be able to enjoy dishes served prior to their arrival.
- EL Ideas is BYOB and we do not charge a corkage fee.
- Food allergies will be observed when possible, but dietary preferences will not.
- A 50% deposit of the total reservation will be taken at the point the reservation is confirmed.
- If you cancel and the table goes unused, the deposit will not be refunded.
- If you cancel and find a replacement, the deposit will be refunded.
- If you cancel and we fill the table, the deposit will be refunded.
- Our address is at 2419 W. 14th Street in Chicago and we have parking available. Phone number will be forthcoming, but in the meantime, I can be reached at 312-315-6127
- We are NOT a ‘pop up’ or ‘underground’ restaurant. We have already popped and are very much above the ground… ‘Back Alley ELegance’, would describe us better than anything else.
- Please remember that as this is a very new and unique business model, flexibility as we define ourselves is greatly appreciated. This said, it is our unwavering ambition to provide the finest in cuisine and most interactive services all in one of the most unique settings in Chicago. Hope you can come along for the ride!